About Greater Greater Washington
Greater Greater Washington builds informed and civically engaged communities who believe in a growing and inclusive Washington region and speak up for livable communities and high-quality education for all.
- Have a general question about this site? Email email@example.com.
- Have a suggestion for the Breakfast Links? Submit a tip.
- Have a suggestion for a story that should be on the site? Our content all comes from volunteer contributors
— write it up and submit it to us!
- Want to submit an Ask GGW question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have an event we should list on our calendar? Email email@example.com.
Press inquiriesIf you are a reporter on deadline and would like to speak to someone about an issue we cover on the blog for a story, you can call us at 202-6561-GGW (202-656-1449). We unfortunately cannot respond to other issues by phone.
Greater Greater Washington features the voices of volunteers, both experts and amateurs, with a variety of perspectives and backgrounds. Some contributors are regular contributors who write and participate often, and we also have guest contributors submit articles occasonally or on a one-time basis as well.These people have submitted and published articles within the past few months:
Interested in becoming a contributor? You can start by submitting a post, or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what topics you might be interested in writing about, and if you have writing on blogs or elsewhere that we can see, include a link. We are interested in articles covering a wide variety of issues and communities.All contributors are volunteers, but it's a great opportunity to share your thoughts with tens of thousands of readers.
Our amazing staff members drive many of the vital behind-the-scenes functions of our organization.
- Sarah Guidi, Managing Director
- Jonathan Neeley, Staff Editor
- David Whitehead, Housing Program Organizer
In addition to our valuable contributors, our volunteer editors help keep the blog running by helping out in many invaluable ways.
- Dan Malouff, Editorial Director
- David Alpert, Founder, President, and Website Editor
- Payton Chung
- Aimee Custis, External Communications Editor
- Mathew Friedman, Social Media Editor
- Matt Johnson
- David Meni, Comments Editor
- Kelli Raboy, Links Editor
- Dan Reed, Social Organizing Editor
- Stephen Repetski
- Ned Russell
Board of directors
Our board focuses on the strategic direction of the organization and ensures we can remain sustainable and strong for the long term.
- David Alpert, President
- Abby Lynch, Secretary
- Aaron Lemon-Strauss, Treasurer
- Dan Malouff, Editorial Director
- Miti Figueredo
- Dan Tangherlini
- Gerry Widdicombe
Legal notesGreater Greater Washington is an opinion site. All articles are the opinions of their authors and not necessarily those of the site's operators or editors.
Special thanksThe current design for Greater Greater Washington was created by Joey Katzen.
- Are public spaces really public when not everybody can use them?
- Cell service in tunnels, junking old rail cars, getting finances in order. Here's what's in Metro's Back2Good plan.
- What happens when people without cars move to places built for driving?
- Metro now has an official plan for getting better in 2017. It's called Back2Good.
- If racial inequities didn't exist, DC would look like this...
- WMATA recommended express bus service along 14th Street NW four years ago. Is it time to make it happen?
- The DC reps on the WMATA board might veto late-night closures