About Greater Greater Washington
Greater Greater Washington builds informed and civically engaged communities who believe in a growing and inclusive Washington region and speak up for livable communities and high-quality education for all.
- Have a general question about this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a suggestion for the Breakfast Links? Submit a tip.
- Have a suggestion for a story that should be on the site? Our content all comes from volunteer contributors
— write it up and submit it to us!
- Want to submit an Ask GGW question? Email email@example.com.
- Have an event we should list on our calendar? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press inquiriesIf you are a reporter on deadline and would like to speak to someone about an issue we cover on the blog for a story, you can call us at 202-6561-GGW (202-656-1449). We unfortunately cannot respond to other issues by phone.
Greater Greater Washington features the voices of volunteers, both experts and amateurs, with a variety of perspectives and backgrounds. Some contributors are regular contributors who write and participate often, and we also have guest contributors submit articles occasonally or on a one-time basis as well.These people have submitted and published articles within the past few months:
Interested in becoming a contributor? You can start by submitting a post, or get in touch at email@example.com. Let us know what topics you might be interested in writing about, and if you have writing on blogs or elsewhere that we can see, include a link. We are interested in articles covering a wide variety of issues and communities.All contributors are volunteers, but it's a great opportunity to share your thoughts with tens of thousands of readers.
Volunteer editors and one part-time paid staff member help keep our blogs running and articles coming day after day by helping out in many invaluable ways.
- Abigail Zenner, Editorial Chair
- David Alpert, Founder and Website Editor
- Dan Malouff, Content Quality Editor
- Jonathan Neeley, Staff Editor
- Aimee Custis, External Communications Editor
- Mathew Friedman, Social Media Editor
- Matt Johnson, Comments Editor
- Dan Reed, Social Organizing Editor
- Kelli Raboy, Links Editor
- Natalie Wexler, Education Editor
- Payton Chung
- Canaan Merchant
- Ned Russell
Board of directors
Our board helps the organization behind Greater Greater Washington remain sustainable so that we can keep publishing content and strengthening our community.
- David Alpert, President
- Abby Lynch, Secretary
- Aaron Lemon-Strauss, Treasurer
- Dan Malouff
- Abigail Zenner
Legal notesGreater Greater Washington is an opinion site. All articles are the opinions of their authors and not necessarily those of the site's operators or editors. If you submit an article or letter, unless we have a prior agreement to the contrary, you agree to grant Greater Greater Washington a perpetual, transferrable, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for in any form and on any media.
Special thanksThe current design for Greater Greater Washington was created by Joey Katzen.
- This building is way too short
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown
- A dedicated bus lane and 30 other ways to improve bus service on 16th Street
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee