Greater Greater Washington comment policyGreater Greater Washington encourages comments from all, regardless of point of view. We hope to build a strong dialogue around the issues discussed. A healthy debate and differing opinions is an important part of making greater.
Welcoming a discussion with multiple points of view does not, however, mean that anyone has the right to post any comment. Comments that attack other commenters or contributors or dissuade others from posting their ideas serve to chill the discussion. We will monitor comments and may, without notice, delete those that violate these guidelines:
- All commenters must treat their fellow commenters, authors, and other
users of the site with respect.
- Comments should address the substance of the argument being made, not the
person making the argument. Arguments which criticize a person rather than
specific ideas are not permitted.
- Name-calling or comments which berate or belittle other individuals will
not be tolerated. If you disagree with someone's ideas, please make your case
using a well-reasoned, logical argument.
- Comments should not discourage other commenters or contributors from
posting their views. Greater Greater Washington is a space for people to post
ideas and opinions which may or may not be fully thought through in every
detail. If you think something is missing or incorrect, provide useful
additional information rather than criticize another for posting without that
- You are not required to use your full name to comment here. However, you
must provide a real email address when commenting. Email addresses will not
be disclosed to anyone outside the site's administrators.
- If you use a pseudonym to comment, please be consistent. Stick with the
same name (or "handle") and do not publish multiple comments under various
names. Please also pick a handle that is unique. If another regular commenter
already uses the same one, you may be asked to change yours.
- Impersonating another commenter is not allowed. You should always speak in
your own voice.
- We do not tolerate profanity or abusive language. It is important to keep
the dialogue civil.
- Do not advocate violent acts against any individual. Comments which do so
may be referred to appropriate authorities if necessary.
- It is not appropriate to post the same comment in multiple areas of the
- If you have concerns about another comment, or if your comment was deleted, please email the editors to discuss. Do not post this in the discussion thread itself. Posting comments on the site about the comment policy is not appropriate (except on articles about the comment policy).
Editors may, at their discretion, remove any other comments that do not contribute to a healthy discussion or which fail to treat other commenters or contributors with respect. Editors may also remove any other comments for any reason at their sole discretion.
Greater Greater Washington is not responsible for the content of comments generated by users of the site. By submitting content to the comment section of any post, you agree to comply with this policy and give Greater Greater Washington a perpetual, transferrable, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact the site editors at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for reading Greater Greater Washington and helping to build a strong dialogue.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name