Greater Greater Washington

Report a Comment

huge sums of the money paid by drivers in gas taxes are spent on mass transit and other "non-highway purposes" instead of being spent to build, repair and maintain roads.

USDOT estimates that about 85% of the money collected in gas taxes is spent to build, repair and maintain roads. The other 15% is spent to build, repair and maintain transit systems and other "non-highway projects" that have the uniquely positive effect of reducing traffic conditions for drivers, making roads safer for drivers, and lowering gas prices for drivers.

by Scoot on Sep 7, 2011 1:36 pm • linkreport

Does this comment violate Greater Greater Washington's comment policy? If so, you can report it using this form and an editor will take a look.

Which rules in the comment policy do you believe the comment violates?
Comment is spam.
Comment attacks other individuals personally.
Comment is name-calling or berates, belittles, or interrogates others.
Comment discourages others from posting their ideas.
Comment is getting into an aggressive argument with another.
Comment is trolling.
Comment is off topic.
Commenter is impersonating someone else or switching handles.
Comment uses profanity or abusive language.
Comment advocates violent acts or harm to another.
Comment was posted in multiple areas of the site.
Comment is arguing about the comment policy.

Enter any other information you think would be helpful to us:

Your name:
Your email:

To be sure you're not a spammer, please use the map below to answer this question:
If you are at the Federal Center SW Metrorail station and head inbound on the Blue, Orange, or Silver Line, what is the next station you will reach?   

This map contains the answer to the challenge question.
Click to see the larger map. Feel free to ignore station subtitles.
Administrator pagespam