Greater Greater Washington

Report a Comment

affordable housing,

You are 100% correct. Traffic fines should be used simply to punish errant drivers and deter reckless driving. Period.

A fair way to raise revenue for affordable housing would be to tax those responsible for - and benefitting from - the high cost of housing in DC. Increase the real estate and property transfer taxes.

Plus, as you suggested, raise the tax on drinks served in bars and raise the cell phone tax.

Also (and I know I'm stepping on toes here), why not impose a a use tax and registration fee on bicycles? Bike riders should help pay for the bike lanes, if nothing else.

by ceefer66 on Nov 20, 2012 12:51 am • linkreport

Does this comment violate Greater Greater Washington's comment policy? If so, you can report it using this form and an editor will take a look.

What is the major reason you believe the comment violates the policy?
Comment is spam.
Comment attacks other individuals personally.
Comment criticizes the level of knowledge of another commenter or contributor.
Comment discourages others from posting their ideas.
Commenter is impersonating someone else.
Comment uses profanity or abusive language.
Comment advocates violent acts or harm to another.
Comment was posted in multiple areas of the site.
Comment is arguing about the comment policy.

Your name:
Your email:

Administrator pagespam