DC allows community uses, keeps parking minimums for closed schoolsDDOT's emergency rules on bus loading, I started monitoring the DC Register. This week's includes emergency zoning rules on what uses are allowed in the buildings that contained the recently-closed schools:
- DC government agencies, except vehicle storage/maintenance or anything that extends outside the building
- Medical and dental clinics
- Community service nonprofits that benefit the local community
- Nonprofit offices
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Baltimore's problem is sprawl, not a bad economy
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- DC is testing a way to curb stormwater pollution
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- There's a "Washington" neighborhood in Milan, Italy