Breakfast links: governmental lameness edition
FTA sucks part 937: The Federal Transit Administration continues its attempts to make itself obsolete by ensuring transit can't ever achieve economies of scale. This time, they're forbidding city transit systems (including DC's) from transporting kids to school, despite the fact that it's cheaper (due to the buses already being there and all).
Not the very model of a modern DC library: Ward 2 Council candidate Cary Silverman is disappointed with plans for the Shaw library. It's basically a classic library inside a modern-looking building, not a modern library that caters to the needs of a modern community.
- In defense of "political theater" for Metro
- 495 and 95 toll prices were very high on Tuesday. Here's why that happened.
- Should a "historic gas station" keep new housing units from going up in Dupont?
- Federal employees: Please donít quit your jobs under Trump
- A developer has agreed to build shorter and less dense than the law allows, but neighbors are still fighting it
- Where is Falls Church, exactly?
- A court just halted DC's McMillan development