Breakfast links: governmental lameness editionreconfigures the Morrison Street pedestrian signal into a classic traffic light.
FTA sucks part 937: The Federal Transit Administration continues its attempts to make itself obsolete by ensuring transit can't ever achieve economies of scale. This time, they're forbidding city transit systems (including DC's) from transporting kids to school, despite the fact that it's cheaper (due to the buses already being there and all).
Not the very model of a modern DC library: Ward 2 Council candidate Cary Silverman is disappointed with plans for the Shaw library. It's basically a classic library inside a modern-looking building, not a modern library that caters to the needs of a modern community.
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Could rooftop apartments transform suburban retail?
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- How do you get people excited about Bus Rapid Transit? Bring a bus to the county fair
- With its new plaza, Tysons begins to feel urban
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City