Breakfast links: governmental lameness edition
FTA sucks part 937: The Federal Transit Administration continues its attempts to make itself obsolete by ensuring transit can't ever achieve economies of scale. This time, they're forbidding city transit systems (including DC's) from transporting kids to school, despite the fact that it's cheaper (due to the buses already being there and all).
Not the very model of a modern DC library: Ward 2 Council candidate Cary Silverman is disappointed with plans for the Shaw library. It's basically a classic library inside a modern-looking building, not a modern library that caters to the needs of a modern community.
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 44
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Here's where Metro railcars go after they die
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports