Breakfast links: governmental lameness edition
FTA sucks part 937: The Federal Transit Administration continues its attempts to make itself obsolete by ensuring transit can't ever achieve economies of scale. This time, they're forbidding city transit systems (including DC's) from transporting kids to school, despite the fact that it's cheaper (due to the buses already being there and all).
Not the very model of a modern DC library: Ward 2 Council candidate Cary Silverman is disappointed with plans for the Shaw library. It's basically a classic library inside a modern-looking building, not a modern library that caters to the needs of a modern community.
- The Washington region is the world's 77th largest urban area
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Topic of the week: Suburban retrofits in our region
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?