Breakfast links: governmental lameness edition
FTA sucks part 937: The Federal Transit Administration continues its attempts to make itself obsolete by ensuring transit can't ever achieve economies of scale. This time, they're forbidding city transit systems (including DC's) from transporting kids to school, despite the fact that it's cheaper (due to the buses already being there and all).
Not the very model of a modern DC library: Ward 2 Council candidate Cary Silverman is disappointed with plans for the Shaw library. It's basically a classic library inside a modern-looking building, not a modern library that caters to the needs of a modern community.
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- "Convincing" and "enjoyable" "even with the wonkiness"
- Check out "Where's that Bikeshare?" a whichWMATA spin-off