On the calendar: GGW happy hour, CSG awards, and more
Mark your calendars for some upcoming events, including a Greater Greater Washington happy hour.
Greater greater happy hour: Next Wednesday, April 27, we're having a happy hour 6pm at Tynan in NoMa. Tynan is located at 1275 1st Street NE, near the New York Avenue Metro station. They've graciously offered us $2 off beer and wine. Be sure to come out and meet contributors, commenters, and fellow readers.
Metro map contest ends soon: If you haven't yet submitted your entry to our Metro map contest, be sure to do so by the April 30 deadline.
Livable Communities Leadership Awards: The Coalition for Smarter Growth is hosting its annual Livable Communities Leadership Awards program. It will be on Tuesday, May 3 from 6:30-8pm at the National Trust for Historic Preservation, 1785 Massachusetts Avenue NW. RSVP required.
DC parking hearing: The DC Office of Zoning is holding a public hearing about making it illegal to place parking in front of commercial buildings. The meeting will be on Thursday, April 28 at 6:30 at 441 4th Street NW, Suite 220-S.
Kojo Show tomorrow: Tune in to WAMU 88.5 FM tomorrow at noon to hear a discussion on bicycling. Shane Farthing of WABA and Eric Gilliland of Capital Bikeshare will talk biking on the Kojo Nnamdi Show.
Kidical Mass: Don't forget, Kidical Mass is this Saturday. Families, bring your kids to the Eastern Market Metro plaza to ride around Capitol Hill in support of kid-friendly streets. The event starts at 10am this Saturday, April 23.
You can get more information about these and other events on the Greater Greater Washington calendar.
- Why the left is wrong about affordable housing
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- The Dutch government is trolling DC over marijuana, bike lanes, and streetcars
- 33% of Metro rail trips stay within one city or county. Where are they?
- In Chicago, you can charter your own L train
- These maps show when and where riders use the Silver Line