Weekend video: Sesame Street local
Second Avenue Sagas shared this great Sesame Street clip from the 1970s. In it, all the famous puppets venture down into a very detailed model of the subway.
It's great that Sesame Street included a lesson to teach kids about riding transit. And while you can't buy tokens anymore, the ride is still "super wow".
I'm sure Kermit, clearly a transit rider since the 1970s, can't wait for the Purple Line. After all, it will stop right in front of the University of Maryland, his local address and creator Jim Henson's alma mater.
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Vienna Metro town center won't have a town center