Ask the Ward 2 Council candidates
The DC primary for local races is Tuesday, September 9. One of the most interesting races is the primary for Ward 2 Councilmember, where Cary Silverman, president of the Mount Vernon Square Neighborhood Association, is challenging 17-year incumbent Jack Evans. If you've been anywhere in Ward 2 (Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, Dupont, Logan Circle, Shaw, Mount Vernon Square, and downtown) you've noticed the many brightly colored signs for both candidates.
Here on Greater Greater Washington, we'll be making up our minds based on deeper issues than who has more signs or the platitudes on campaign Web sites. I've arranged to interview both candidates in the next week. I have some ideas for questions to ask them, but thousands of heads are better than one. So: what questions would you like to ask the Ward 2 Council candidates? Post your thoughts in the comments. I'll ask the best ones and a few of my own, and post the results here.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch