Shoup, Ricks, and Perkins discuss parking on Kojo
The Kojo Nnamdi show on WAMU is hosting a discussion about variable-rate "performance" parking in the District, featuring Donald Shoup of UCLA, Karina Ricks from DDOT, and myself, beginning at noon.
Dr. Shoup is the author of "The High Cost of Free Parking." Ms. Ricks is Associate Director for the Policy, Planning and Sustainability Administration, which includes parking policy.
We will be discussing the two performance parking pilot districts near the ballpark and Columbia Heights, the new performance parking pilot in San Francisco, SFPark, and other parking management improvements in DC and around the world.
Update: The archived audio is here.
- Let's stand by the Silver Line
- Near National airport, the Mount Vernon Trail is new again
- Nobody wants these school buses in their backyard. But moving them is worth it.
- N Street NW has new bike lanes
- A big development in Woodley Park may spark DC's next housing battle
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 86
- DC is on the verge of ditching a harmful traffic law