Shoup, Ricks, and Perkins discuss parking on Kojo
The Kojo Nnamdi show on WAMU is hosting a discussion about variable-rate "performance" parking in the District, featuring Donald Shoup of UCLA, Karina Ricks from DDOT, and myself, beginning at noon.
Dr. Shoup is the author of "The High Cost of Free Parking." Ms. Ricks is Associate Director for the Policy, Planning and Sustainability Administration, which includes parking policy.
We will be discussing the two performance parking pilot districts near the ballpark and Columbia Heights, the new performance parking pilot in San Francisco, SFPark, and other parking management improvements in DC and around the world.
Update: The archived audio is here.
- Where is Falls Church, exactly?
- Are public spaces really public when not everybody can use them?
- Is new housing, most of it for low-income residents, worth giving up an acre of park space?
- National links: There are downsides to letting the Rust Belt shrink
- In defense of "political theater" for Metro
- Events: Should I-66 get toll lanes inside the Beltway?
- Coming soon: Bikeshare in Prince George's County