Bellamy to run DDOT
Mayor Gray has selected Terry Bellamy, DDOT's interim director, as its permanent head. Gabe Klein hired Bellamy from Arlington to be deputy director of operations. Klein tweeted that the pick was the "right choice."
Klein told Adam Tuss, "I was the Michelle Rhee of transportation, and [Bellamy] balanced me out." At the press conference, Gray said his top priorities for Bellamy are to complete the H Street streetcar/streetscape and 11th Street bridge projects.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future