What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
- Top 6 reasons a parking garage near 14th and U is a bad idea
- Three ways to build in Forest Glen without creating more traffic
- Another way to see the US: Map of where nobody lives
- Curb-protected cycletracks are now appearing in DC
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island