What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Why the left is wrong about affordable housing
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- What makes a city attractive? Here's how to know for sure
- Ask GGW: What are the best urban planning and policy books?
- 33% of Metro rail trips stay within one city or county. Where are they?
- These maps show when and where riders use the Silver Line