What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Is Sheridan Station a sign of change east of the river, or more of the same?
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Where DC area bike fatalities happen, in one map... and what's the real "intersection of doom"