What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- Where will DC's next 200,000 residents go? The mayoral candidates weigh in
- Comparing Metrobus and Metrorail farebox recovery is apples and oranges
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Topic of the week: Walking in unexpected places
- The Purple Line gets a boost from President Obama's budget
- Metro FAQ: Why does Metro run express trains in one direction during single-tracking?
- A bus lane for 16th Street? Which mayoral candidates agree?