What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- BREAKING: Arlington cancels the Columbia Pike streetcar
- The pop-up debate in Lanier Heights pits "property rights" against "neighborhood character"
- Is sidewalk cycling really dangerous, or just scary, like a roller coaster?
- DC will force property owners to shovel sidewalks, with higher fines for bigger and commercial buildings
- A bike-ped trail is in the works for New York Ave NE