What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- Muriel Bowser calls for "Vision Zero," more equity, Metro investment, and new task forces for transportation
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- This traffic light convinced pedestrians to wait with dancing