What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- Fruit stands abound within Paris Métro
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Can you guess the Metro stations in this week's pictures?