What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- More roads won't solve traffic on I-95 in Northern Virginia
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- The reason cyclists love green bike lanes
- How does DC's proposed Metro loop compare?
- Can motorcycles fit in an urban context?
- Alexandria board rejects King Street bike lanes
- Ask Congress to give DC self-rule on building heights