What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Yes, it's worth looking into a gondola in DC
- Canceling the Purple Line would cost more than it would save
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- DC has an awesome city flag. Here’s why that matters
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- Coast Guard employees are using the Anacostia Metro station in a weird way