What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- Think you know Metro's neighborhoods? This quiz might surprise you
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Northern Virginia has $350 million to spend on transportation. Here's what officials want to build
- Backward and forward in the Flickr pool