What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Congress gives itself more free parking than its own rules allow
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- ART keeps graduating to bigger and bigger buses
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside