What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- Gas is suddenly cheap(er); the reason is bigger than you think
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more