What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit
- Ten little cities near DC with awesome urbanism