What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- If the FBI moves to Greenbelt, here's what it will look like
- Many Silver Line riders have no way to safely reach their offices
- Why is Tysons walkability and bikeability so bad?
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- A greener Eastern Market plaza may be on the way
- How big of a "moat" would the FBI need if it stayed downtown?
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos