What's the true cost of gas?
People have been complaining about high gas prices lately, but in reality, Americans are getting quite a bargain. What's the true price of gas?
This video from the Center for Investigative Reporting attempts to answer the question.
The true effect of overly low cost of gasoline in this country over the past several decades has been to encourage the kind of development where cars are the only way to get around. And that means we need to buy a lot of gas, which makes us sensitive to its retail price.
- With Metro, "on time" doesn't mean what you think it means
- Consumers say they like trains. Why don't economists care?
- Alexandria has identified locations for its next 16 bikeshare stations
- See the beginnings of the Purple Line in Silver Spring
- There's history to behold on some of DC's manhole covers
- To bike without worrying about nearby cars, I'm happy on the MBT
- Transit to Wolf Trap will still run through West Falls Church