Lunch links: Transportation of our desire editionNYT article about streetcars has prompted blog posts everywhere about the topic. I'm so glad... but can we please move beyond blog posts entitled "A Desire Named Streetcar"?
A streetcar mapper named Matt': Track Twenty-Nine's Matt' created a streetcar map. It's a nice looking map and a good starting point. I'd quibble with a few of the alignments, and we need several lines east of the river. But wherever we put them, we need a streetcar network yesterday (hopefully even half as good as the network of yesterday).
Union Station still being dumb: NBC sent a news crew to interview the bicyclist whose bike was taken by Union Station officials for being "ugly". And, quelle surprise, during the interview a security guard tried to stop the crew from filming, just as they did to Fox in June and despite Congresswoman Norton's browbeating. Via CommuterPageBlog.
Rowhouse parking requirements steering Brooklyn toward havoc: While much of New York City has no parking requirements and the high transit ridership that comes with it, parking requirements in other areas Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- Where will DC's next 200,000 residents go? The mayoral candidates weigh in
- Comparing Metrobus and Metrorail farebox recovery is apples and oranges
- Topic of the week: Walking in unexpected places
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- The Purple Line gets a boost from President Obama's budget
- Metro FAQ: Why does Metro run express trains in one direction during single-tracking?
- A bus lane for 16th Street? Which mayoral candidates agree?