Weekend video: How bike shops encourage bicycling
Many factors affect whether people bicycle, from access to bikes, to topography, to bike lanes, to parking and showers at work. One other important yet less often discussed factor is access to bike shops.
In this video, Milwaukee's Keith Holt discusses how bike shops, especially in low-income communities and communities of color, can help children and adults start bicycling and then make it a regular activity.
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- A new neighborhood rises east of the river. Is it a sign of change, or more of the same?