Weekend video: How bike shops encourage bicycling
Many factors affect whether people bicycle, from access to bikes, to topography, to bike lanes, to parking and showers at work. One other important yet less often discussed factor is access to bike shops.
In this video, Milwaukee's Keith Holt discusses how bike shops, especially in low-income communities and communities of color, can help children and adults start bicycling and then make it a regular activity.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- BREAKING: Arlington cancels the Columbia Pike streetcar
- The pop-up debate in Lanier Heights pits "property rights" against "neighborhood character"
- Is sidewalk cycling really dangerous, or just scary, like a roller coaster?
- DC will force property owners to shovel sidewalks, with higher fines for bigger and commercial buildings
- A bike-ped trail is in the works for New York Ave NE