Weekend video: How bike shops encourage bicycling
Many factors affect whether people bicycle, from access to bikes, to topography, to bike lanes, to parking and showers at work. One other important yet less often discussed factor is access to bike shops.
In this video, Milwaukee's Keith Holt discusses how bike shops, especially in low-income communities and communities of color, can help children and adults start bicycling and then make it a regular activity.
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- Have you been "walkblocked"? Are you "zonely"? New terms sprout in the urbanist lexicon
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- This German city's monorail redefines river transportation
- "We built this city on: hot hipsters." Cards Against Urbanity wants to make you laugh