Weekend video: How bike shops encourage bicycling
Many factors affect whether people bicycle, from access to bikes, to topography, to bike lanes, to parking and showers at work. One other important yet less often discussed factor is access to bike shops.
In this video, Milwaukee's Keith Holt discusses how bike shops, especially in low-income communities and communities of color, can help children and adults start bicycling and then make it a regular activity.
- If the FBI moves to Greenbelt, here's what it will look like
- Many Silver Line riders have no way to safely reach their offices
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- Why is Tysons walkability and bikeability so bad?
- A greener Eastern Market plaza may be on the way
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- Do Henderson's remarks at Stanton Elementary signal a more harmonious phase in DCPS-charter relations?
- DCPS and charters are sparring over joint planning, but the real question is how to preserve neighborhood schools
- DCPS and its teachers' union are at an impasse over extending the school day. Could this be a way out?