Weekend video: How bike shops encourage bicycling
Many factors affect whether people bicycle, from access to bikes, to topography, to bike lanes, to parking and showers at work. One other important yet less often discussed factor is access to bike shops.
In this video, Milwaukee's Keith Holt discusses how bike shops, especially in low-income communities and communities of color, can help children and adults start bicycling and then make it a regular activity.
- Rent in our region is expensive. Does that mean it's unaffordable?
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 91
- Scarred by urban renewal, Silver Spring's Lyttonsville neighborhood gets a second chance
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald are buried just a block away from the Rockville Metro station