Weekend video: How bike shops encourage bicycling
Many factors affect whether people bicycle, from access to bikes, to topography, to bike lanes, to parking and showers at work. One other important yet less often discussed factor is access to bike shops.
In this video, Milwaukee's Keith Holt discusses how bike shops, especially in low-income communities and communities of color, can help children and adults start bicycling and then make it a regular activity.
- Why the left is wrong about affordable housing
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- The Dutch government is trolling DC over marijuana, bike lanes, and streetcars
- 33% of Metro rail trips stay within one city or county. Where are they?
- These maps show when and where riders use the Silver Line
- In Chicago, you can charter your own L train