DCRA fines Uline Arena owner for unpermitted signs
DCRA has decided that large billboard-style signs on the side of the Uline Arena are illegal.
Photo by the author.
Douglas Development placed 3 large signs on the side of the building where MARC, Metro, and Amtrak riders can see them.
I questioned whether these are legal, since DC has a short list of allowable billboard-sized "special signs" which doesn't mention the Uline.
According to DCRA, they sent inspectors to take a look at the signs, and they've issued an infraction notice to Douglas, the property owner. Douglas has the right to appeal, but if they choose not to, they'll have to pay a fine of $2,000 and take the signs down.
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- Michelle Rhee takes a break from education reform
- Protected bike lanes could fit in DC's traffic circles; here's how
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City
- Could rooftop apartments transform suburban retail?