DCRA fines Uline Arena owner for unpermitted signs
DCRA has decided that large billboard-style signs on the side of the Uline Arena are illegal.
Photo by the author.
Douglas Development placed 3 large signs on the side of the building where MARC, Metro, and Amtrak riders can see them.
I questioned whether these are legal, since DC has a short list of allowable billboard-sized "special signs" which doesn't mention the Uline.
According to DCRA, they sent inspectors to take a look at the signs, and they've issued an infraction notice to Douglas, the property owner. Douglas has the right to appeal, but if they choose not to, they'll have to pay a fine of $2,000 and take the signs down.
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- The lion's share of DC's new housing is only going in one part of the city
- The Silver Line has been bringing Metro’s performance numbers down
- A protected bikeway will soon come to C Street NE
- New road designs make Tysons more inviting for people on bike and foot
- Here are the answers to whichWMATA week 65
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 65