Silly car company antics of the day
Prince of Petworth noticed this "green" truck:
Using ethanol to power a big Chevy pickup is far from green in many ways: a big car uses a lot of energy, and ethanol isn't any better for the environment anyway.
Meanwhile, Streetsblog discoverd a "Bizarre News" article on a Flint, Michigan news station's Web site. What's bizarre? Bike sharing in DC. In Michigan, that really is bizarre. The more ironic part? The story carries a Chrysler ad.
- Are public spaces really public when not everybody can use them?
- Cell service in tunnels, junking old rail cars, getting finances in order. Here's what's in Metro's Back2Good plan.
- What happens when people without cars move to places built for driving?
- Metro now has an official plan for getting better in 2017. It's called Back2Good.
- If racial inequities didn't exist, DC would look like this...
- WMATA recommended express bus service along 14th Street NW four years ago. Is it time to make it happen?
- The DC reps on the WMATA board might veto late-night closures