Silly car company antics of the day
Prince of Petworth noticed this "green" truck:
Using ethanol to power a big Chevy pickup is far from green in many ways: a big car uses a lot of energy, and ethanol isn't any better for the environment anyway.
Meanwhile, Streetsblog discoverd a "Bizarre News" article on a Flint, Michigan news station's Web site. What's bizarre? Bike sharing in DC. In Michigan, that really is bizarre. The more ironic part? The story carries a Chrysler ad.
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- A new neighborhood rises east of the river. Is it a sign of change, or more of the same?