Silly car company antics of the day
Prince of Petworth noticed this "green" truck:
Using ethanol to power a big Chevy pickup is far from green in many ways: a big car uses a lot of energy, and ethanol isn't any better for the environment anyway.
Meanwhile, Streetsblog discoverd a "Bizarre News" article on a Flint, Michigan news station's Web site. What's bizarre? Bike sharing in DC. In Michigan, that really is bizarre. The more ironic part? The story carries a Chrysler ad.
- Bad Metro reliability is driving riders away. WMATA has a few ideas to get them back.
- 9 things people always say at zoning hearings, illustrated by cats
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- New York's subway has a great idea for Metro
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.
- Tour the Potomac and Anacostia Rivers with Google Street View