Watch me & many others at Greening Greater Washington
If you're awake this morning, you can watch the webcast of my keynote address at a Smithsonian Institution seminar, "Greening Greater Washington." My talk will go from 9:55 to 10:20.
After I speak, the event will continue with a series of great panels throughout the day, featuring such GGW friends as Stewart Schwartz of the Coalition for Smarter Growth, Arlington County Board Chairman Chris Zimmerman, DC and Montgomery County planning directors Harriet Tregoning and Rollin Stanley, Brookings scholar and author Christopher Leinberger, and Councilmember Tommy Wells.
The above video will show the live stream from the seminar all day. Afterward, the Smithsonian will create an archived video, and I'll post it in place of the stream.
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Community stories show the shift to a walkable lifestyle
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it