Weekend video: Toronto's Pedestrian Jar
Safety for bike riders and pedestrians has become a big issue in Toronto lately. One workplace there has come up with an innovative idea to help improve safety for people crossing the street.
Maybe money raised from the jar could help Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his allies on city council pay for the $375,000 study of a popular "Barnes Dance' pedestrian scramble already installed at a major intersection that handles more pedestrians than automobiles.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 44
- Here's where Metro railcars go after they die
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports
- What it will take to get Metro out of crisis
- A safer route to school is coming for Clarksburg kids and parents