Schwartz to run as a write-in; at-large race gets more interesting
You've probably already seen that Carol Schwartz will run a write-in campaign to retain her at-large Council seat in November.
You already know GGW's opinion of Schwartz and the bad policy that came out of her chairmanship of the Public Works committee. As we've discussed before, Mara favors more bicycle infrastructure. But what about the person still favored to win, though a little less so this morning than yesterday morning: Michael A. Brown?
Brown (not to be confused with at-large Councilmember Kwame Brown or Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown) still has nothing on his issues page. His most recent events are from July. What kind of legislator would Michael Brown be? He's run for Mayor and for Ward 4 Council. For those of you who've been around longer, did issues that matter to this blog come up in those races?
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- Metro's 7000 series cars carry their first passengers, in pictures
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- New plans for Potomac Yard bring the Metro station one step closer to a reality