Schwartz to run as a write-in; at-large race gets more interesting
You've probably already seen that Carol Schwartz will run a write-in campaign to retain her at-large Council seat in November.
You already know GGW's opinion of Schwartz and the bad policy that came out of her chairmanship of the Public Works committee. As we've discussed before, Mara favors more bicycle infrastructure. But what about the person still favored to win, though a little less so this morning than yesterday morning: Michael A. Brown?
Brown (not to be confused with at-large Councilmember Kwame Brown or Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown) still has nothing on his issues page. His most recent events are from July. What kind of legislator would Michael Brown be? He's run for Mayor and for Ward 4 Council. For those of you who've been around longer, did issues that matter to this blog come up in those races?
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey
- Prince George's County could move its government closer to more residents
- What we hope to do on housing
- This map shows which parts of the DC area are really "urban" and "suburban"
- Big news! We're growing and doing more on housing