MTA to hold Purple Line open houses in November
MTA Maryland will hold a series of open houses on the Purple Line in November. These open houses will give residents an opportunity to learn about the Purple Line, and share their views on the project with MTA Maryland staff.
Earlier this month, the Federal Transit Administration gave approval for the Purple Line to proceed to the "preliminary engineering" phase. In this phase, the agency will begin to develop construction plans for the project and formalize funding commitments, so that the project's environmental impacts can be assessed as part of the environmental review process.
The Preliminary Engineering phase is expected to take about two years to complete, and will result in the preparation of a Final Environmental Impact Statement.
The open houses will run from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM at these locations:
- Tuesday, November 1, 2011
University of Maryland
Adele H. Stamp Student Union, Prince George's Room
College Park, MD 20742
- Wednesday, November 2, 2011
National 4-H Youth Conference Center
7100 Connecticut Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Monday, November 7, 2011
Silver Spring Civic Building
One Veterans Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Thursday, November 10, 2011
Beacon Heights Elementary School
6929 Furman Parkway
Riverdale, MD 20737
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- This building is way too short
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices