MTA to hold Purple Line open houses in November
MTA Maryland will hold a series of open houses on the Purple Line in November. These open houses will give residents an opportunity to learn about the Purple Line, and share their views on the project with MTA Maryland staff.
Earlier this month, the Federal Transit Administration gave approval for the Purple Line to proceed to the "preliminary engineering" phase. In this phase, the agency will begin to develop construction plans for the project and formalize funding commitments, so that the project's environmental impacts can be assessed as part of the environmental review process.
The Preliminary Engineering phase is expected to take about two years to complete, and will result in the preparation of a Final Environmental Impact Statement.
The open houses will run from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM at these locations:
- Tuesday, November 1, 2011
University of Maryland
Adele H. Stamp Student Union, Prince George's Room
College Park, MD 20742
- Wednesday, November 2, 2011
National 4-H Youth Conference Center
7100 Connecticut Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Monday, November 7, 2011
Silver Spring Civic Building
One Veterans Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Thursday, November 10, 2011
Beacon Heights Elementary School
6929 Furman Parkway
Riverdale, MD 20737
- Proponents of term limits in Montgomery hope they'd mean more Republicans and less development. Both are unlikely.
- We're building apartments to be far smaller than we used to
- We know where most of DC's population lives. Does Metro run through those places?
- Prince George's County leaders join the chorus to keep late-night rail service
- A record number of people petitioned for a dog park at the Takoma Rec Center, but it's still not happening
- The shutdown is coming! The shutdown is coming! (On the Red Line)
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 93