MTA to hold Purple Line open houses in November
MTA Maryland will hold a series of open houses on the Purple Line in November. These open houses will give residents an opportunity to learn about the Purple Line, and share their views on the project with MTA Maryland staff.
Earlier this month, the Federal Transit Administration gave approval for the Purple Line to proceed to the "preliminary engineering" phase. In this phase, the agency will begin to develop construction plans for the project and formalize funding commitments, so that the project's environmental impacts can be assessed as part of the environmental review process.
The Preliminary Engineering phase is expected to take about two years to complete, and will result in the preparation of a Final Environmental Impact Statement.
The open houses will run from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM at these locations:
- Tuesday, November 1, 2011
University of Maryland
Adele H. Stamp Student Union, Prince George's Room
College Park, MD 20742
- Wednesday, November 2, 2011
National 4-H Youth Conference Center
7100 Connecticut Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Monday, November 7, 2011
Silver Spring Civic Building
One Veterans Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Thursday, November 10, 2011
Beacon Heights Elementary School
6929 Furman Parkway
Riverdale, MD 20737
- Many Silver Line riders have no way to safely reach their offices
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- After a crash, a dangerous Four Corners intersection could become safer
- A greener Eastern Market plaza may be on the way
- How big of a "moat" would the FBI need if it stayed downtown?