From Cities in Full by Steve Belmont (page 25):
Generally, population density and transit ridership go hand in hand. But one city stands out as having a higher-than-usual percentage of commuters taking transit compared to its density.
- Upper Northwest hits peak NIMBY about a homeless shelter
- For DC Council in Ward 7: Vince Gray
- For DC Council at large: Robert White
- DC's population is exploding
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- For Arlington County Board: Erik Gutshall
- Metro doesn't have four tracks. That's not why maintenance is a problem.