Portland gets excited about transit with a Mobile Music Fest
DC residents can get fairly energized about improving transit, but Portland did us one better. They held a Streetcar Mobile Music Fest, featuring 8 bands on 6 streetcars. Here's a video of the sights and sounds:
Portland is actively trying to "bring greater enthusiasm that we have transit in our city," says Art Pearce of the Portland New Rail~Volutionaries, which bills itself as "a group of folks who are very excited about Streetcar."
The video was featured in Rail~Volution Filmfest 2011, co-hosted by the DC New Rail~Volutionaries and Coalition for Smarter Growth in conjunction with the Rail~Volution conference held here October 16-19.
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- "Convincing" and "enjoyable" "even with the wonkiness"
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 57