More fun with graphs
Continuing the discussion of Washingtonian transit exceptionalism from here and here, commenter SamZ posted this graph comparing the amount of non-car commuting in each region between the "transit zone" (within a half mile of transit) to the rest of the region.
Our transit zone commuters ride transit, bike and walk more than in other cities. There's also a greater split between the transit zone and the rest (though bicycle commuting is on the rise in Fairfax too).
On the lighter side, commenter Dave Murphy posted this amusing graph:
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 15
- A sunken gas station sculpture sends the wrong message about the Anacostia River
- See the view from a Silver Line train with this video
- Should adding more housing be illegal even when neighbors support it?
- See 32 years of DC bike lane growth in one animation
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit