More fun with graphs
Continuing the discussion of Washingtonian transit exceptionalism from here and here, commenter SamZ posted this graph comparing the amount of non-car commuting in each region between the "transit zone" (within a half mile of transit) to the rest of the region.
Our transit zone commuters ride transit, bike and walk more than in other cities. There's also a greater split between the transit zone and the rest (though bicycle commuting is on the rise in Fairfax too).
On the lighter side, commenter Dave Murphy posted this amusing graph:
- Upper Northwest hits peak NIMBY about a homeless shelter
- Metro doesn't have four tracks. That's not why maintenance is a problem.
- For DC Council at large: Robert White
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- For DC Council in Ward 7: Vince Gray
- DC's population is exploding
- For Arlington County Board: Erik Gutshall