Compliment random strangers on the Mall Oct. 18th
Did you ever play "assassin" in college or at camp, where you have to hit a randomly-assigned person with a squirt gun? In today's terror-fearful and nervous-security-guard times, that's a bad idea in a city, so Cruel 2 B Kind has morphed the weapons into... random kindness.
Your weapons may be serenades, compliments, or friendly greetings. A crowd cheer may catch players unaware. You never know when you'll face the smile that has your name on it.Here's Cruel 2 B Kind in San Francisco:
Your targets are unknown to you. Players have no uniform, know the terrain as well as you do, and can blend in seamlessly. The only way to tell a bystander from another player is by bringing your kindness to bear against them. An innocent will be charmed; an assassin, slain.
Innocents will be caught in the crossfire, but when the weapons are random acts of kindness, the only collateral damages are smiling bystanders.
DC's is Saturday, October 18th, on the Mall. Register here.
- Many Silver Line riders have no way to safely reach their offices
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- A greener Eastern Market plaza may be on the way
- After a crash, a dangerous Four Corners intersection could become safer
- How big of a "moat" would the FBI need if it stayed downtown?