What if gas powered everything?
The disadvantages of relying on a carbon economy for transportation are well known, yet pushes to move to an alternative energy economy often face significant opposition. Nissan has a great ad out wondering what would happen if everything ran on gas.
It's a new take on the argument, and it forces us to think somewhat differently about the debate.
Normally, we talk about reducing the number of things that pollute (or reducing the amount that each pollutes). And while most people agree that a cleaner Earth is a better Earth, not everyone agrees that the cost is worth it.
But if we were suddenly faced with a world where everything had a tailpipe, we might feel differently.
Of course, the point of this ad is actually to make us wonder what would happen if everything didn't run on gas. (And also to sell their new electric car.)
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- Could rooftop apartments transform suburban retail?
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City
- How do you get people excited about Bus Rapid Transit? Bring a bus to the county fair
- With its new plaza, Tysons begins to feel urban