Metro proposes new "Brown Line"
WMATA's Rider's Advisory Council's Rail subcommittee will hear a presentation (PDF) on realigning the Blue/Yellow line trains this Wednesday at 6:30 p.m (PDF). This similar to the same idea circulated earlier this year about diverting some of the eastbound Blue line trains toward the Yellow line to relieve capacity at the Rosslyn tunnel. They're proposing calling the new service (from Franconia/Springfield to Greenbelt) the "Brown Line":
This change may result in blue line service reduction to every 12 minutes during rush hour, and an increase in the number of orange line trains leaving Vienna during rush hour. See the presentation for more details.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name