Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.