Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- DC is on the verge of ditching a harmful traffic law
- Near National airport, the Mount Vernon Trail is new again
- What are your ideas to make Metro greater?
- A big development in Woodley Park may spark DC's next housing battle
- Ask GGWash: Why did the Cleveland Park Metro station flood?
- Capital Bikeshare members ride here, bike lanes or not
- Express trains wouldn't be of much help to Metro riders