Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond
- "Convincing" and "enjoyable" "even with the wonkiness"
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 57