Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- Maryland's rural economy depends on its urban and suburban areas
- Out: "cycletrack." In: "protected bikeway."
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 33
- Farragut Square's virtual tunnel saves Metro riders time and eases crowding. Should downtown get another one?
- Metro's flooded stations, in pictures
- Violence against our neighbors is an urbanist issue
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar