Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- In Maryland and Virginia, vote to build transit
- First flowerpots, and now, a cycletrack
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market