Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- John Oliver explained DC statehood and it was brilliant
- Building the Edinburgh streetcar wasn't easy, but a lot of people ride it now
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- What other college towns can teach us about College Park's challenges
- Metro plans 20 Red Line trains per hour in rush, but really averages more like 17
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- The voice on Chicago's trains has a little fun with riders