Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- 15th Street cycletrack gets s*** on ... literally
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 25
- If Georgetown had a Metro station, it would be one of the system's busiest
- The region needs to hear the call to action on climate change
- How to sculpt a skyline: Arlington planners rethink Rosslyn
- Metro's Richard Sarles announces retirement
- More proof gas taxes don't pay for roads