Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- Montgomery County will build bus rapid transit in four years
- Metro doesn't have four tracks. That's not why maintenance is a problem.
- Orange, Silver, and Blue riders: Pain is coming in just a month. DOTs: Get moving on bus and HOV lanes now.
- Building of the Week: Smithsonian American Art Museum and Kogod Courtyard
- DC's homeless shelter plan just got a makeover
- FiveThirtyEight said Metro catches fire 4 times per week. Fortunately, that's wrong.
- DC has way more vacant properties than it thinks