Weekend video: Metro's Christmas caroler returns
For 10 straight years a man known as the Metro caroler has been singing Christmas songs while riding the train.
Metro has a reputation as tame compared to the daily wildness of New York's subway. There are relatively few buskers, panhandlers, or other attention-seekers on trains in DC. Nevertheless, during the holiday season and the colder months of winter some public characters do emerge. The caroler is one of my favorites.
Here he is making his first appearance of this season.
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- Did Rush Plus depress Blue Line ridership?
- Who needs Metro? Not (as often) Capital Bikeshare users in central neighborhoods
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4