MoCoCo agrees with Planning Board on Road Code
The Montgomery County Council thinks the Planning Board
We are very concerned about the target speed, lane width and other cross-section dimensions, and street tree provisions in DOT's proposed regulation. ... We strongly urge that you propose a regulation to us that incorporates the Planning Board's and it's staff's revisions. By doing so the regulation will lead to the best opportunity to improve automobile, bicycle and pedestrian safety.Council President Mike Knapp and Councilmembers Nancy Floreen, Roger Berliner, Valerie Ervin, Duchy Trachtenberg, and Don Praisner signed the letter.
Marc Elrich sent a separate, concurring letter which specifically says, "the target speed for streets in the Business District classification should be 25mph," but that "we should provide the flexibility to design roads with greater target speeds on some of our roads in Arterial classifications." Elrich is with the rest on road width and street trees.
Neither letter specifically mentions bicycle facilities.
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- Ask Congress to give DC self-rule on building heights
- It's fine to not build parking at Tysons Metro stations
- Alexandria board rejects King Street bike lanes
- DC sports spaces give short shrift to girls
- Sexist Metro ad asks "Can't we just talk about shoes?"
- Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business