MoCoCo agrees with Planning Board on Road Code
The Montgomery County Council thinks the Planning Board
We are very concerned about the target speed, lane width and other cross-section dimensions, and street tree provisions in DOT's proposed regulation. ... We strongly urge that you propose a regulation to us that incorporates the Planning Board's and it's staff's revisions. By doing so the regulation will lead to the best opportunity to improve automobile, bicycle and pedestrian safety.Council President Mike Knapp and Councilmembers Nancy Floreen, Roger Berliner, Valerie Ervin, Duchy Trachtenberg, and Don Praisner signed the letter.
Marc Elrich sent a separate, concurring letter which specifically says, "the target speed for streets in the Business District classification should be 25mph," but that "we should provide the flexibility to design roads with greater target speeds on some of our roads in Arterial classifications." Elrich is with the rest on road width and street trees.
Neither letter specifically mentions bicycle facilities.
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 15
- A sunken gas station sculpture sends the wrong message about the Anacostia River
- America's Main Street, Pennsylvania Avenue, is anything but
- "Sharing" isn't a good term for services like Uber and Lyft. Is there a better one?
- See the view from a Silver Line train with this video
- Maryland SHA needlessly draws community ire with poor Georgia Avenue Bus Rapid Transit options