Breakfast tweets: Less is more
Today, we're trying an experimental format for the links: Twitter style.
- US DOT: Lowest traffic fatalities in 60 years (Transportation Nation, @marctomik)
- "We don't want to come off as NIMBYs." But Arlington residents don't want a homeless shelter in their backyard (Post, @_jpscott)
- The London Tube's central Zone 1 is very pricey, so a map shows how to get off outside and take bike share (Ollie O'Brien)
- What are public/private partnerships PPPs? Where are they in the US and internationally? (Brookings, @bogrosemary)
- What to get for the cargobike lover who has everything (& kids)? (Bike Noun Verb, @KidicalMassDC, @IMGoph)
- On Friday, @beyonddc exposed the folly of highway "Level of Service." Now @e_jaffe takes on local street LOS (Atlantic Cities, @vebah)
- An experiemental system can disable drivers' phones in the car without affecting passengers' phones (Daily Mail, Steve S.)
- Lance's feelings about bike lanes in cartoon form (The Onion, @JoelLawsonDC)
Our current Breakfast Link editors are looking to move on from curating the links each day. Meanwhile, many of our contributors now use Twitter, and can submit or curate items through that service.
We decided to try creating a links post collaboratively, by building the post from tweets contributors and readers sent in to a new Twitter account, @GGWashTips, plus some from our regular tip queue. This is the result.
Have a tip for the tweets? Tweet it to @GGWashTips.
Want to edit the Breakfast Links in either the old style or this one? Email us at email@example.com.
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- It's fine to not build parking at Tysons Metro stations
- Alexandria board rejects King Street bike lanes
- Ask Congress to give DC self-rule on building heights
- Arlington considers using fees to reduce parking
- DC sports spaces give short shrift to girls
- Sexist Metro ad asks "Can't we just talk about shoes?"