Running for office in DC? Tell our readers about yourself
If you're running for elected office in the District of Columbia in the 2012 cycle, we'd like to run a guest post from you.
As a first step in our election coverage, we want to give candidates a chance to introduce themselves and let our community hear from them in their own words, like this.
Our election coverage team has already emailed the candidates they could find contact information for, but there are some of you out there who we haven't reached. If you haven't received an email from our election coverage team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meanwhile, for the Arlington County Board race, Alison Crowley has reached out to candidates with a questionnaire; please also contact email@example.com if you are running and haven't heard from her.
As with all submissions to Greater Greater Washington, we reserve the right to edit them for length or clarity and to comply with our submission policy and other guidelines at the sole discretion of the editors.
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- No, DC is not abandoning plans for most streetcar lines
- What would you call Loudoun's Metro stations?
- The 11th Street Bridge Park gets a brilliant design. Will it succeed?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- A move to strengthen affordable housing runs into political obstacles