Breakfast links: Taxicab opinions
Cheh hails for taxi feedback: An online poll lets you share your opinion of DC taxi service with Councilmember Cheh, who has authored a bill to make many improvements to taxis. (DCist)
Bus burns: A Ride On bus caught fire on Tuesday. Over the past 15 months there have been two additional fires on similar Ride On buses, but they were unrelated. (Examiner)
High prices make DC less cool: DC's high prices, caused partially by the Height Act, are keeping starving artists out, claims Matt Yglesias. He also thinks the only thing keeping housing prices down is poor schools. (Slate)
Do this, don't do that: Since October Metro is trying to move away from hand written signs and replacing them with printed signs. But some station managers don't seem to know the new signs exist. (Examiner)
Not gentrification?: With many of the new comers to Anacostia being black is gentrification the right word? In LA, where Latinos are displacing other Latinos, they use the term "gentefication." (WAMU)
Parking to parklet: San Francisco is adding more pedestrian space with dozens of "parklets," which replace street parking spaces with temporary, privately funded seating areas and green space. (SFGate, Tony G)
And...: A new map of all the planned development in Southwest DC. (SWTLQTC) ... A video with all the maps of the NYC subway. (Gizmodo, Redline SOS) ... A round-up of 2011 demographic changes. (DCentric)Have a tip for the links? Submit it here.
- Is a walkable neighborhood out of reach for you?
- What's the point of supermarket gas rewards if you don't drive to the store?
- Design could make or break the 11th Street Bridge Park
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Adding 15-minute Circulator routes would dilute the Circulator brand
- Comparing Metrobus and Metrorail farebox recovery is apples and oranges
- DC Council race reviews: At-large and chairman
Wed Mar 12
Fri Mar 14
Sat Mar 15