Breakfast links: Silver gets more green
McDonnell OK's Dulles Rail contribution: Governor Bob McDonnell approved a $150 million contribution for the second phase of the Silver Line, but expressed concerns about MWAA's compliance with a law giving Virginia more seats on its board. (Post)
Dulles tolls up: Tolls on the Dulles Toll road increased 25 cents yesterday. The increase will go to toll road maintenance as well as the Silver Line. (WAMU)
DC murders down, PG up: The number of homicides in DC hit its lowest level since 1963. Prince George's County's homicides edged up. (Post)
MoCo bag fee starts: A new 5¢ bag surcharge took effect January 1 in Montgomery County. The law resembles DC's, but includes shops that don't sell food. (Post)
Vending machine serves up safety: A prototype vending machine lets bike sharing riders rent or buy helmets, and return them later for a partial refund. (Boston Globe)
Metrobus crashes rarely fatal: Metrobus drivers are involved in about six collisions a day, however very few of them are fatal. Last week's fatal crash was the first since Spetember 2008. (Examiner)
Gyms move up: Gyms have traditionally been a great fit for underground spaces but some gyms are taking upper levels or even street level space. (Post)Have a tip for the links? Submit it here.
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Is Sheridan Station a sign of change east of the river, or more of the same?
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Where DC area bike fatalities happen, in one map... and what's the real "intersection of doom"
Wed Oct 22
12:00 pm Live chat with David Catania
12:00 pm Contributory negligence forum ($)
Fri Oct 24
9:00 am Urban agriculture symposium
Sat Oct 25
3:00 pm CSG tour: College Park
Tue Oct 28