Chevy Chase won't be a historic district
Historic Chevy Chase DC, the organization advocating for a historic district in Chevy Chase, plans to respect the results of the ANC's poll and not apply for historic designation. From their statement:
"Historic Chevy Chase DC ... understands the prevailing sentiment of the community with regard to establishing a historic district. Accordingly, we have decided not to submit the nomination of Chevy Chase DC as a historic district to the Historic Preservation Review Board.This will likely slow or stop efforts to designate Lanier Heights, the area north of Columbia Road between Adams Morgan and Mount Pleasant. Some residents have raised similar objections as in Chevy Chase.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name