Chevy Chase won't be a historic district
Historic Chevy Chase DC, the organization advocating for a historic district in Chevy Chase, plans to respect the results of the ANC's poll and not apply for historic designation. From their statement:
"Historic Chevy Chase DC ... understands the prevailing sentiment of the community with regard to establishing a historic district. Accordingly, we have decided not to submit the nomination of Chevy Chase DC as a historic district to the Historic Preservation Review Board.This will likely slow or stop efforts to designate Lanier Heights, the area north of Columbia Road between Adams Morgan and Mount Pleasant. Some residents have raised similar objections as in Chevy Chase.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- Prince George's County struggles to get trails right