Last chance to weigh in on Silver Line station names
Metro's online survey about station names for the new Silver Line to Dulles and Reston will be ending on March 21. Have you filled it out?
This is your chance to push for station names that create a sense of place and tie in to the region's history and geography, rather than a boring, long, hyphenated string of road names.
Here are my picks, versus the official recommendations from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
|My pick||Fairfax Board pick|
|Tysons Corner||Tysons I&II|
|Spring Hill||Tysons-Spring Hill Road|
|Reston||Reston Town Center|
These names are short, can be used in the names of developments or buildings in the area, and will create a memorable name for the area around the station.
What did you pick?
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking