Last chance to weigh in on Silver Line station names
Metro's online survey about station names for the new Silver Line to Dulles and Reston will be ending on March 21. Have you filled it out?
This is your chance to push for station names that create a sense of place and tie in to the region's history and geography, rather than a boring, long, hyphenated string of road names.
Here are my picks, versus the official recommendations from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
|My pick||Fairfax Board pick|
|Tysons Corner||Tysons I&II|
|Spring Hill||Tysons-Spring Hill Road|
|Reston||Reston Town Center|
These names are short, can be used in the names of developments or buildings in the area, and will create a memorable name for the area around the station.
What did you pick?
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- When temporary becomes permanent: Why reopening the SE Freeway is risky
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- WMATA truck parks on the sidewalk, crashes into a light pole
- Carol Schwartz bids to become the education mayor
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23