Last chance to weigh in on Silver Line station names
Metro's online survey about station names for the new Silver Line to Dulles and Reston will be ending on March 21. Have you filled it out?
This is your chance to push for station names that create a sense of place and tie in to the region's history and geography, rather than a boring, long, hyphenated string of road names.
Here are my picks, versus the official recommendations from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
|My pick||Fairfax Board pick|
|Tysons Corner||Tysons I&II|
|Spring Hill||Tysons-Spring Hill Road|
|Reston||Reston Town Center|
These names are short, can be used in the names of developments or buildings in the area, and will create a memorable name for the area around the station.
What did you pick?
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Going Dutch: Planners from the Netherlands make suggestions for bike lanes in DC
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- Metro's track work schedule dug the system into a hole
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?