Last chance to weigh in on Silver Line station names
Metro's online survey about station names for the new Silver Line to Dulles and Reston will be ending on March 21. Have you filled it out?
This is your chance to push for station names that create a sense of place and tie in to the region's history and geography, rather than a boring, long, hyphenated string of road names.
Here are my picks, versus the official recommendations from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
|My pick||Fairfax Board pick|
|Tysons Corner||Tysons I&II|
|Spring Hill||Tysons-Spring Hill Road|
|Reston||Reston Town Center|
These names are short, can be used in the names of developments or buildings in the area, and will create a memorable name for the area around the station.
What did you pick?
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- What we hope to do on housing
- This map shows which parts of the DC area are really "urban" and "suburban"
- Prince George's County could move its government closer to more residents
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey
- Muriel Bowser predicts DC holds 800,000 people in 20 years. That requires a lot of new housing.