Last chance to weigh in on Silver Line station names
Metro's online survey about station names for the new Silver Line to Dulles and Reston will be ending on March 21. Have you filled it out?
This is your chance to push for station names that create a sense of place and tie in to the region's history and geography, rather than a boring, long, hyphenated string of road names.
Here are my picks, versus the official recommendations from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
|My pick||Fairfax Board pick|
|Tysons Corner||Tysons I&II|
|Spring Hill||Tysons-Spring Hill Road|
|Reston||Reston Town Center|
These names are short, can be used in the names of developments or buildings in the area, and will create a memorable name for the area around the station.
What did you pick?
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- Accounting for population, the world map looks totally different
- What's the best way to protect a bikeway? How about a bikeshare station?
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 36
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- Events roundup: Changes are coming
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve