Last chance to weigh in on Silver Line station names
Metro's online survey about station names for the new Silver Line to Dulles and Reston will be ending on March 21. Have you filled it out?
This is your chance to push for station names that create a sense of place and tie in to the region's history and geography, rather than a boring, long, hyphenated string of road names.
Here are my picks, versus the official recommendations from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
|My pick||Fairfax Board pick|
|Tysons Corner||Tysons I&II|
|Spring Hill||Tysons-Spring Hill Road|
|Reston||Reston Town Center|
These names are short, can be used in the names of developments or buildings in the area, and will create a memorable name for the area around the station.
What did you pick?
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 15
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- A sunken gas station sculpture sends the wrong message about the Anacostia River
- See 32 years of DC bike lane growth in one animation