Then and Now: The Schneider mansion
DCist highlights this photo (left) of the Schneider mansion, which once stood at 18th and Q. The Dupont East condo building (right) now occupies the site.
Left: The Schneider mansion at 18th and Q. Photo from the National Photo Company Collection.
Right: The Dupont East condominium on the same site today. Photo by NCinDC on Flickr.
This building is directly across the alley from my house. I'm glad the corner now accommodates the larger number of residents that can fit in the Dupont East, but wow do I wish we'd kept part of all of the Schneider Mansion. At least there are still many other, though perhaps not quite as impressive, Romanesque Revival Schneider houses on Q and elsewhere in the neighborhood.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future