DDOT buying streetcars, Fairfax naming Silver stations
The contract requires delivery 545 days after the official Notice To Proceed, though DDOT hopes to speed that up. First, the DC Council has to approve the contract. (For context, 545 days from today is October 2, 2013.) Meanwhile, DDOT is testing its existing 3 streetcars in the Greenbelt yard, preparing to run service next year.
|Previous proposal||New proposal|
|Tysons I&II||Tysons Corner|
|Tysons Central||Greensboro Park|
|Tysons-Spring Hill Road||Spring Hill|
|Reston-Wiehle Avenue||Wiehle-Reston East|
|Reston Town Center||Reston Town Center|
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Community stories show the shift to a walkable lifestyle
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it