DDOT buying streetcars, Fairfax naming Silver stations
The contract requires delivery 545 days after the official Notice To Proceed, though DDOT hopes to speed that up. First, the DC Council has to approve the contract. (For context, 545 days from today is October 2, 2013.) Meanwhile, DDOT is testing its existing 3 streetcars in the Greenbelt yard, preparing to run service next year.
|Previous proposal||New proposal|
|Tysons I&II||Tysons Corner|
|Tysons Central||Greensboro Park|
|Tysons-Spring Hill Road||Spring Hill|
|Reston-Wiehle Avenue||Wiehle-Reston East|
|Reston Town Center||Reston Town Center|
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- Prince George's County struggles to get trails right
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger