The Blue Line reroute, visualized
Commenter Reza pointed out Track Twenty-Nine's great visual diagram of the proposed Franconia-Greenbelt "blue line reroute". He shows each train in a 12-minute period as a separate line, making it easy to visualize the relative volume on each segment of Metro track before and after the proposed change.
See the post for more details and an analysis of the relative time savings and costs (riders to L'Enfant should save an average of 9 minutes, while riders to Farragut West lose 6).
- 9 things people always say at zoning hearings, illustrated by cats
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- WMATA's new general manager is listening before he even takes the reins
- What if Montgomery County gave BRT a temporary test run?
- Zig zag road stripes can get drivers to pay more attention