The Blue Line reroute, visualized
Commenter Reza pointed out Track Twenty-Nine's great visual diagram of the proposed Franconia-Greenbelt "blue line reroute". He shows each train in a 12-minute period as a separate line, making it easy to visualize the relative volume on each segment of Metro track before and after the proposed change.
See the post for more details and an analysis of the relative time savings and costs (riders to L'Enfant should save an average of 9 minutes, while riders to Farragut West lose 6).
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- I-66 widening will happen soon whether it makes sense or not
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- How the Navy, baseball, and government planners made Capitol Riverfront one of DC's hottest neighborhoods
- Muriel Bowser announces eight sites for homeless shelters
- Walkers were left out in the cold after the blizzard
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Did Metro handle buses correctly in this mostly-non-storm?