The Blue Line reroute, visualized
Commenter Reza pointed out Track Twenty-Nine's great visual diagram of the proposed Franconia-Greenbelt "blue line reroute". He shows each train in a 12-minute period as a separate line, making it easy to visualize the relative volume on each segment of Metro track before and after the proposed change.
See the post for more details and an analysis of the relative time savings and costs (riders to L'Enfant should save an average of 9 minutes, while riders to Farragut West lose 6).
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Congress gives itself more free parking than its own rules allow
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside
- ART keeps graduating to bigger and bigger buses