The Blue Line reroute, visualized
Commenter Reza pointed out Track Twenty-Nine's great visual diagram of the proposed Franconia-Greenbelt "blue line reroute". He shows each train in a 12-minute period as a separate line, making it easy to visualize the relative volume on each segment of Metro track before and after the proposed change.
See the post for more details and an analysis of the relative time savings and costs (riders to L'Enfant should save an average of 9 minutes, while riders to Farragut West lose 6).
- This building is way too short
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown
- A dedicated bus lane and 30 other ways to improve bus service on 16th Street
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee