Breaking: Rollin Stanley leaving Montgomery
Montgomery County Planning Director Rollin Stanley will be leaving later this spring. Stanley announced the news to the Planning Board and the staff this afternoon, sources in the agency say.
He and his wife are moving to a new jurisdiction, but he hasn't revealed which. Stanley said this is a career move for him and his wife, and not related to a recent tiff over comments in Bethesda Magazine.
Updates: Maryland Juice quotes Planning Board member Casey Anderson saying Stanley's still-secret new post is "a much bigger job." Councilmember Nancy Floreen tells the Gazette that it will be difficult to find someone as "visionary" to replace Stanley.
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- Vienna Metro town center won't have a town center
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Residents organize for positive change in Bluemont