Support CSG and WABA this spring
Many nonprofits hold major fundraisers in the spring, and that includes the 2 advocacy groups whose work most closely aligns with the Greater Greater Washington community: the Coalition for Smarter Growth and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association. Both have fundraisers coming up, so please consider attending or just making a donation.
CSG's annual gala is its Livable Communities Leadership Award. This year, they are giving the award to Evan Goldman of Federal Realty, for his efforts to design and win community support for the transformative White Flint project in Montgomery County, and Riger Diedrich, longtime smart growth and transportation advocate with the Virginia Sierra Club.
Tickets cost $100. The event is on Wendesday, May 2, 6:30-8 pm at one of my favorite buildings, the Parisian-looking National Trust for Historic Preservation at 18th and Massachusetts, NW in Dupont Circle.
Friday, May 11 is BikeFest, WABA's big spring party. Eastern Market will become an old-fashioned speakeasy for bicyclists. Jazz music, a silent auction, a bike-building contest and more will make for a great party.
It costs $55, or $45 for WABA members. Buy your tickets here!
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park