DC Auditor listens, will post ANC financial reports online
The DC Auditor agreed with an article Matt Rumsey posted last month here on Greater Greater Washington, and will begin publicly posting quarterly financial reports from each Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC).
Matt made the suggestion in an article on April 13. He pointed out that ANCs already have to file these reports, and posting them publicly would help citizens or the press detect any wrongdoing, like that from former ANC 5B chair William Shelton.
In a recent letter to the ANCs, DC Auditor Yolanda Branche referred to Matt's article and said that the auditor will start posting the reports. They will not post any bank account numbers, of course, just the lists of checks and receipts and the account balances.
The linked letter is the one they sent to ANC 3F; that ANC actually already posts the same information online on its own, but most do not.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- Prince George's County struggles to get trails right
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger