Support a growing city and join Pro-DC
Want to see the District of Columbia become even better than it is? I'm pleased to announce Pro-DC, a group formed to organize residents to support positive change in DC's zoning update and beyond.
Pro-DC is a project of the Coalition for Smarter Growth and Greater Greater Washington. We believe in helping DC grow, thrive, and become more livable for everyone. I hope you will join the email list today.
The zoning update is helping make DC more inclusive, livable, and walkable through some very important policies, such as accessory dwellings, corner stores, and removing outdated parking requirements. These changes will help older residents age in place, help newer residents afford to live and stay in DC, encourage more retail, and make streets safer.
Members of Pro-DC don't need to agree with every element of the zoning update. I don't. But we also believe that DC will grow and change regardless of public policy, and that our zoning should shape that growth in a positive way that improves the quality of life, increases amenities, and strengthens affordability for all residents.
In coming months, there will be some major battles over the zoning update that cut to the heart of how people see DC's future. These positive changes won't become reality unless decision makers hear from residents who share the vision. I hope you will join the email list, and ask your friends to do the same.
- 15th Street cycletrack gets s*** on ... literally
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 25
- If Georgetown had a Metro station, it would be one of the system's busiest
- The region needs to hear the call to action on climate change
- How to sculpt a skyline: Arlington planners rethink Rosslyn
- Metro's Richard Sarles announces retirement
- More proof gas taxes don't pay for roads