LaHood?Apparently retiring downstate Illinois Republican Congressman Ray LaHood will be Secretary of Transportation. Many observers were very surprised; high-speed rail advocates are worried; some bicyclists are tentatively pleased. Advocates, bloggers and journalists will have their hands full today learning all about LaHood and divining what, exactly, this means for Obama's transportation policy.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight