Want to write about Virginia?
Over the last few days, Dave Murphy has posted several articles on transit and highways in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. Cavan Wilk writes frequently about development and land use, particularly around Wheaton. Meanwhile, many transportation and development debates are happening in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax and Loudoun, but we're not covering them in nearly the same depth.
We are looking for contributors to help fill that gap. If you follow land use and transportation in any part of Northern Virginia, share Greater Greater Washington's belief in encouraging walkable, transit-oriented communities, and would like to share your news and commentary with thousands of readers, please email email@example.com. All contributors are volunteers, but it's a great opportunity to share your thoughts with thousands of readers.
Feel free to also contact me with any other content you'd be interested in contributing. Northern Virginia is the biggest area, but I'd love to see more coverage of Prince George's County, DC neighborhoods especially in Wards 4, 5, 7, and 8, and even other topics, like education and public safety, that influence whether people of all income levels, ages, professions, races and backgrounds can live and enjoy our walkable urban areas.
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Vienna Metro town center won't have a town center