BREAKING: Loudoun approves Silver LineLoudoun's Board of Supervisors just voted to move ahead with the Metro Silver Line extension. Loudoun will contribute $270 million to build of the line including 2 stations in the county in addition to Dulles Airport, and chip in on the operating costs. The vote was 5-4, with supervisor Ken Reid the swing vote, reports WAMU's Martin Di Caro.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight