Tell Arlington to build the Columbia Pike streetcar
This coming Monday, the Arlington County Board will vote to either approve or reject the Columbia Pike streetcar.
The board will select a preferred alternative from among the options considered in its alternatives analysis. The other options are to run more buses, or do nothing.
The streetcar option is Arlington's best choice. It will redevelop Columbia Pike into a walkable urban neighborhood, it will increase transit ridership far beyond the bus options, and it is affordable.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools