Tell Arlington to build the Columbia Pike streetcar
This coming Monday, the Arlington County Board will vote to either approve or reject the Columbia Pike streetcar.
The board will select a preferred alternative from among the options considered in its alternatives analysis. The other options are to run more buses, or do nothing.
The streetcar option is Arlington's best choice. It will redevelop Columbia Pike into a walkable urban neighborhood, it will increase transit ridership far beyond the bus options, and it is affordable.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future