Tell Arlington to build the Columbia Pike streetcar
This coming Monday, the Arlington County Board will vote to either approve or reject the Columbia Pike streetcar.
The board will select a preferred alternative from among the options considered in its alternatives analysis. The other options are to run more buses, or do nothing.
The streetcar option is Arlington's best choice. It will redevelop Columbia Pike into a walkable urban neighborhood, it will increase transit ridership far beyond the bus options, and it is affordable.
- It's fine to not build parking at Tysons Metro stations
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- Alexandria board rejects King Street bike lanes
- Arlington considers using fees to reduce parking
- Ask Congress to give DC self-rule on building heights
- Sexist Metro ad asks "Can't we just talk about shoes?"
- Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business