Try out a new captcha system
I built a new version of the captcha challenge-response designed to stop spammers, with a twist appropriate to Greater Greater Washington: it asks you questions about the Metro map.
Spammers have been more and more successful at breaking through the reCaptcha system, even though the puzzles have been getting so hard some real humans have trouble. Maybe this one will not be so easy, or at least they won't bother writing custom code to crack it just for us. Here's an example:
Help me find bugs by giving it a try. A live one will appear below, in the comment area for just this post, for now. The live captcha will appear once you click into the comment form. You can also make it appear on any other post by adding
/format/mapcaptcha to the end of the URL for that post.
I might try to add additional types of questions or more maps with other information about the Washington region as well; give your suggestions!
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- Did Rush Plus depress Blue Line ridership?
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- Watch Metro grow from one short line in 1976 to the Silver Line today
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out