Try out a new captcha system
I built a new version of the captcha challenge-response designed to stop spammers, with a twist appropriate to Greater Greater Washington: it asks you questions about the Metro map.
Spammers have been more and more successful at breaking through the reCaptcha system, even though the puzzles have been getting so hard some real humans have trouble. Maybe this one will not be so easy, or at least they won't bother writing custom code to crack it just for us. Here's an example:
Help me find bugs by giving it a try. A live one will appear below, in the comment area for just this post, for now. The live captcha will appear once you click into the comment form. You can also make it appear on any other post by adding
/format/mapcaptcha to the end of the URL for that post.
I might try to add additional types of questions or more maps with other information about the Washington region as well; give your suggestions!
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- National Links: From Florida to California
- Get to know all the buses in the Metrobus fleet
- 10 things my internship taught me about transportation in DC
- After the FBI moves, Pennsylvania Ave could be reborn