Try out a new captcha system
I built a new version of the captcha challenge-response designed to stop spammers, with a twist appropriate to Greater Greater Washington: it asks you questions about the Metro map.
Spammers have been more and more successful at breaking through the reCaptcha system, even though the puzzles have been getting so hard some real humans have trouble. Maybe this one will not be so easy, or at least they won't bother writing custom code to crack it just for us. Here's an example:
Help me find bugs by giving it a try. A live one will appear below, in the comment area for just this post, for now. The live captcha will appear once you click into the comment form. You can also make it appear on any other post by adding
/format/mapcaptcha to the end of the URL for that post.
I might try to add additional types of questions or more maps with other information about the Washington region as well; give your suggestions!
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Northern Virginia has $350 million to spend on transportation. Here's what officials want to build
- Backward and forward in the Flickr pool
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports