Weekend video: Bus ecstasy in Denmark
We mentioned this at the bottom of a Breakfast Links this week, but it's worth highlighting more directly. This ad, for Denmark's Midtraffik bus service, takes transit advertising to a new level:
The bus driver is cool, the passengers overjoyed to get on, and the ride speeds past traffic thanks to a dedicated lane. Bus service here (or there) might never achieve quite this level of passion in its riders, but projects like Montgomery's BRT or express bus lanes on H and I Streets could get us a lot closer.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Metro is proposing service cuts, again. Will riders ever see the benefits?
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit