The smart way to use traffic cameras
The DC government has set a clear priority: It doesn't want anyone to die in a traffic crash on its streets. Who would disagree with that?
What if the price of achieving that goal were just a tiny bit less thrill behind the wheel?
I hope everyone in our region is willing to put others' lives ahead of a momentary high. That's because we can save a lot of lives with a simple action: obeying the laws, and avoiding speeding.
Post columnist Courtland Milloy recently explained his visceral objection to following speed laws:
"I confess: I enjoy driving fast."
Continue reading my latest op-ed in the Washington Post.
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?
- College Park is launching a bikeshare system!
- Today would have been Jane Jacobs' 100th birthday