Innovative bike rack makes parking into sculpture
I was traveling recently and came across this object. At first, it looks like an artistic sculpture, but on closer examination, it's also a bike rack!
For bonus points, do you know where this is or can you recognize the location?
The sign says this is more compact than other bike racks. That's largely true, though in this configuration, the rack also requires a lot of empty space around in every direction. In an institutional setting with big open spaces (and where it can also function as art), that makes sense. In many tighter urban spaces, arranging these curved, vertical racks side by side instead of in a circle would allow storing bikes even more compactly, though less artistically.
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- You don't need a car to run a successful small business
- Think you know Metro's neighborhoods? This quiz might surprise you
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Topic of the week: Our favorite projects (from other places)
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder