Innovative bike rack makes parking into sculpture
I was traveling recently and came across this object. At first, it looks like an artistic sculpture, but on closer examination, it's also a bike rack!
For bonus points, do you know where this is or can you recognize the location?
The sign says this is more compact than other bike racks. That's largely true, though in this configuration, the rack also requires a lot of empty space around in every direction. In an institutional setting with big open spaces (and where it can also function as art), that makes sense. In many tighter urban spaces, arranging these curved, vertical racks side by side instead of in a circle would allow storing bikes even more compactly, though less artistically.
- What's so great about the Purple Line, anyway?
- DC has almost no white residents without college degrees. (It's a different story for black residents.)
- And the MetroGreater winner is...
- Does DC want boring architecture? Sort of.
- An alien notion: 800,000 DC residents
- Clearly we need to have more happy hours in Prince George's
- How much could you save with a Metro SelectPass? Use our updated calculator to find out!