Innovative bike rack makes parking into sculpture
I was traveling recently and came across this object. At first, it looks like an artistic sculpture, but on closer examination, it's also a bike rack!
For bonus points, do you know where this is or can you recognize the location?
The sign says this is more compact than other bike racks. That's largely true, though in this configuration, the rack also requires a lot of empty space around in every direction. In an institutional setting with big open spaces (and where it can also function as art), that makes sense. In many tighter urban spaces, arranging these curved, vertical racks side by side instead of in a circle would allow storing bikes even more compactly, though less artistically.
- What's the point of supermarket gas rewards if you don't drive to the store?
- "Drive 'til you qualify" takes on an urban flair
- Design could make or break the 11th Street Bridge Park
- For DC Mayor: Tommy Wells
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Adding 15-minute Circulator routes would dilute the Circulator brand
- DC Council race reviews: At-large and chairman