Innovative bike rack makes parking into sculpture
I was traveling recently and came across this object. At first, it looks like an artistic sculpture, but on closer examination, it's also a bike rack!
For bonus points, do you know where this is or can you recognize the location?
The sign says this is more compact than other bike racks. That's largely true, though in this configuration, the rack also requires a lot of empty space around in every direction. In an institutional setting with big open spaces (and where it can also function as art), that makes sense. In many tighter urban spaces, arranging these curved, vertical racks side by side instead of in a circle would allow storing bikes even more compactly, though less artistically.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Canceling the Purple Line would cost more than it would save
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- DC has an awesome city flag. Here’s why that matters
- Coast Guard employees are using the Anacostia Metro station in a weird way
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52