DDOT parking chat with Angelo Rao
We will be talking today with Angelo Rao, parking manager for the District Department of Transportation. Angelo has been holding a series of "Parking Think Tanks" around the District, and has agreed to hold one online to hear from all of you.
Unlike the interview-style live chats we've done in the past, this time, we will not necessarily just post one question, then one answer, and so on. Instead, you can enter comments as well as questions on parking topics, and I as the moderator will try to post them in groups on various topics. Angelo will be able to give any thoughts he might have, but also will read your comments and listen to them as citizen feedback.
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Today's problems were visible decades ago, but zoning has blocked solutions ever since
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza
- Fruit stands abound within Paris Métro